Mid-Atlantic Surgical Group
Back to main site
This procedure removes about 75% of the stomach making it the size and shape of a large banana. This procedure works through calorie restriction and changes in gastric hormones, and it will cause you to feel fuller faster and longer. Patients loose approximately 65-70 percent of their excess body weight at 18 months. There is no malabsorption component to this operation.
- Minimal risk of malabsorption.
- No risk of internal hernia
- No foreign body implantation
- No re-routing of the intestine
- Staple line which could leak or stricture
- Weight loss slightly lower than that of the gastric bypass
- Possible increase in reflux/heartburn symptoms
For more information or to schedule a consultation,
please call us at: (410) 543-9332
Please click on the following links to learn more about surgical weight loss: